Subscribe To Our Feed To Lose Weight

Subscribe here, only if you want to receive all new posts into your mail inbox ;)

Ankur's Success Story : After nine months I lost about 28 kgs of weight !

Med Coolman | Thursday, May 22, 2014 |
hover_share weight loss success stories - Ankur


First Name: Ankur
Age: 28
Family Status: Married
Occupation: Hotelier
Hometown: Bareilly, India
Pounds or Inches Lost: I lost 60 pounds!
Height: 5'11"
Waist: 32
Starting Weight: 217 pounds
Current Weight: 157 pounds



Ankur's Weight Loss Story!

 When did you become unhappy with your weight?
There were two things that happened to me. First, I went with my younger brother (who is 10 years younger) for his admission in school for 11th grade. As everyone knows me in my city, his principle asked me if he was my son. I was completely shocked. My wife told me to lose some weight and I was very lazy at that time. I started exercising for 1 week and then stopped. But the second that happened to me, I had completely changed myself.
Last year during March, my wife and I planned a Singapore trip for my family. We were shopping in Delhi for our trip and went to the Levis store for jeans and some shirts. Surprisingly the guy said to me there were no clothes my size and I was stunned.
 What made you decide to lose weight?
I wanted to look young, have a good metabolism and feel fit. This encouraged me to start exercising and have control on my diet.
Before starting any exercise or diet, I had my body composition tested in a nearby fitness center. My BMI was 30, fat was 25 kg, weight was 98 kgs, and my waist size was about 39"!
 What were the most important changes you made to lose weight?
After coming from Singapore, I promised my wife that I would lose some weight. Before starting, I consulted with a dietitian and became the member of ShapeFit.com. At the beginning, my daily routine was to have glass of luke warm lime water with honey before going to exercise. During exercise I did 15 minutes of brisk walking on the treadmill, 15 minutes of stationary bicycle, 15 minutes of aerobics and 15 mins of weight training. In one month, I lost 6 kgs and that inspired me a lot!

 What was most challenging about losing weight?
While exercising, I started having pain in my back due to crunches and I was very depressed. My wife supported me and while I was going through pages of ShapeFit.com, there was an article that fat is lost proportionally from the body. I learned I didn't have to specifically do crunches to lose belly fat and I could stop doing crunches for a while to let my back heal.
 How long did it take you to start to see results?
In one month I lost about 6 kg of weight. This motivated me very much!
 How long did it take for you to reach your current weight?
After nine months I lost about 28 kgs of weight and body composition was better. My waist was 32 inches, BMI was 21.6 and fat was 9.9 kg. This was awesome. I started looking 5-6 years younger then my age.
weight loss success stories - Ankur

 How long have you maintained your weight loss and how do you do it?
The last 4-5 months my weight has been the same. For this I do 1 hour of exercise, 5-6 days a week. I also added yoga in my exercise routine plus I strictly follow my diet.
 How has your life changed now that you've lost weight?
My life changed a lot. I look 5-6 years younger and my lifestyle has completely changed. I can wear any kind clothes that I want and my concentration at work has increased.


Ankur's Weight Loss Tips!

 Weight loss tip #1
:
Drink one glass of like warm lime water with honey before eating anything early in morning. [Tweet This] 
 Weight loss tip #2:
Drink water 30 minutes after having a meal which will help in digesting food. [Tweet This] 
 Weight loss tip #3:
Try adding yoga in your exercise plan as it will tone up your muscles. [Tweet This] 
 Weight loss tip #4:
Add weight training to your exercise routine. [Tweet This] 
 Weight loss tip #5:
Don't give up your taste for food. Find out alternate ways of cooking. [Tweet This] 

Ankur's Weight Loss Eating Plan!

 Breakfast
:
1 glass of skimmed milk, coffee with 2 slices of whole wheat bread and 2 egg whites scrambled.  [Tweet This] 
 Lunch:
1 small bowl of lentil with bowl of veggies, 1 bowl of curd with 2 rotis (Indian bread cooked on iron plate) with one plate of salad. [Tweet This] 
 Dinner:
Same as lunch but I might have chicken or fish instead of lentil and veggies.
 Snacks or Mini Meals:
In the evening I have a mixture of oats, wheat bran, some raisins, walnuts and almonds cooked in milk (like porridge) and a plate of apple, papaya and cucumber. Sometimes I have tandoori chicken or boiled egg whites.

Ankur's Weight Loss Workouts!


 Weight Training
:
1 day I do chest, triceps and back exercises. Rest 1 day, then do shoulders with biceps on the 3rd day.
 Cardiovascular:
10 minutes of treadmill at a speed of 7 km/hr, 10 minutes of stationary bicycle with 40 minutes of yoga. [Tweet This] 

 From Shapefit.com





Related tags:
weight loss success stories men
amazing weight loss stories
weight loss success stories 100 pounds
success stories of weight loss
weight loss success stories pictures
weight loss inspirational stories
weight loss success stories before and after
real life weight loss stories
weight loss success stories real people
true weight loss stories



Get Latest Updates In your Inbox

Tell us something and start a Conversation, don't be shy ;)